ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hi,

Around a year ago I'd written a script using ScriptFTP to connect to a suppler's server using FTPS_IMPLICIT mode. Long story short the script stopped recently, failing on the first PUT with the error 'PROT C is disabled'. I assume something has changed at the server end. In an effort for a quiet life, in the meantime at least, I'd like to rule out the option of pushing our supplier to revert their apparent changes and so wonder what my other options may be?

From some brief research I discovered that 'PROT C' command transfers data unencrypted, and 'PROT P', 'protected' or encrypted. ScriptFTP documentations states that with FTPS_IMPLICIT 'Control and data connections will be encrypted.' so I wondered if ScriptFTP should be sending the 'PROT C' command or 'PROT P' instead?

It may be worth mentioning that I tested an upload using FlashFXP and noticed that that issues a 'PROT P' and the file transfers ok.

I've tried issueing a RAW 'PROT P' command before the transfer but this didn't work as I assume the PROT is issued as part of the PUT?

Any advice you guys can offer is greatly appreciated!
It seems to be a ScriptFTP bug. I will contact you by email to gather more information.
Is there any update on this topic? Can you please let us know if there is any work around for this bug? We are facing this problem is production migration. Thanks.
I was unable to reproduce the same error here and because of that I was not able to fix the bug. I would appreciate If someone experiencing the same error gave me a test account in his FTP server to be able to reproduce this issue.
When our vendor turns PROT C off on their ftp server, we get the problem. Did you try disable PROT C on your server? Thanks.
do the SETPROTOCOL(FTPS_EXPLICIT_ENCRYPT_DATA)
and connect to port 21 not 990
it will send the server PROT P
ie: should be explicit
Just wanted to say that using FTPS_EXPLICIT_ENCRYPT_DATA on Port 21 worked a treat!!

Thanks loads!