ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
hi there

i have just been searching for a way of downloading and uploading files automatically via a script. this scriptFTP looks pretty good. can someone tell me if i can execute this script on a timed basis? usually a cronjob is written that will execute a file at a given time. how does this scriptFTP tackle this obstacle? can i set a time for the scriptFTP to download a file and then 2 hours or so upload the file to another server entirely?

any help on this would be great

DMC
Hello,

You can use the scheduler in ScriptFTP to do that.

This will simply organise a scheduled task in the Windows scheduler.

You can therefore run one script to run at a given time and another two hours later.

HTH.

Zythan
hi there

thanks for the info. this scriptFTP seems to incorporate crojob scheduling and actual file execution all at once. another question relates to downloading from one server then upload to another server. i find the whole cronjob thing a little confusing. i would like to know if i can download an xml file from one server at for instance 7am GMT and store in on my HD then at then upload that same xml file to a totally different server at 11am GMT? does anything special have to be done for that process? with writing cronjobs for different executions scripts its a little confusing as to where to store them as they get and send info from different places.
hi there

i ran a dummy task of downloading from one server then uploading to the other server. it worked when i clicked on RUN but when iu tried to use the scheduler it did not work. i was asked to SET ACCOUNT INFORMATION. no matter what i typed in, it didnt work. can you help on this matter?

Run as: **N**\Aministrator
Password:
Confirm Password:

what am i meant to put there for those 2 fields? whatever i input does not work.

"0x80041310: Unable to establish existance of account specified."
this is ok. i figured this part out. i didnt know that i had to have an admin account on my pc that had a username and password. all sorted now
Hi Dany,

I am glad to know that you finally found the solution. In my computer I was able to set up scheduled tasks as administrator but it seems that in some versions of Windows or under some configurations this is not allowed. Thanks for posting the solution.
hi there.

yes i made a dummy admin account on my pc with a username and password only to use with scriptFTP. the scheduler works great now. glad i was able to add a solution to a very impressive (no-I-dont-have-to-write-a-cronjob) piece of software.

my other question relates to unzipping. i have 7z and winrar which both accept command line coding. for instance in 7z i can write this:

7z e archive.zip -oc:\soft *.cpp -r

this extracts all *.cpp files from archive archive.zip to c:\soft folder. my question is how can i use that line in scriptFTP? do i need an exe file to execute that 7z code or can i get that 7z code into scriptftp? i looked at unzip6 and the instructions to get it to work are not really clear at all. at the time of writing this i am also looking at pkware's software.

thanks for your help
my question is how can i use that line in scriptFTP? do i need an exe file to execute that 7z code or can i get that 7z code into scriptftp?
You can get that 7z command line into ScriptFTP using the EXEC command. It is very easy:
Code: Select allEXEC("C:\path_to_7zip_folder\7z.exe e archive.zip -oc:\soft *.cpp -r")
And also:
Code: Select allLOCALCHDIR("C:\path_to_7zip_folder\") EXEC("7z.exe e archive.zip -oc:\soft *.cpp -r")