ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello, I'm trying to setup a sync to keep a folder on my Remote FTP synchronized with a certain folder on my windows server, unfortunately the Remote server is linux running DrFTPd, which requires .sfv to always be sent first (I'm assuming after the directory has been created on the Remote Drive.) I'm basically wanting to have a blank folder with nothing in it on my windows server, then.. as I cut and paste a folder into that drive it will auto synchronize, yet I keep getting this error:
Synchronizing remote directory /RemoteStuff/ from D:\Auto\Stuff.
Uploading (remote file not found) Hey.You\piclist.sfv
***** SYNC Error #533: Cannot upload local file piclist.sfv.
***** The server said: Requested action not taken. You must upload sfv first.
In certain FTP clients there are "Priority lists" which you can specify what files to always send before anything else, ( *.sfv )
I've been at this for hours and I have no clue how to fix this, I want the sync to check every 10 seconds for any new subdirectory that's been added to my local "Stuff" folder, each subdirectory will always have a .sfv file which must be sent first. When it notices the new subdirectory it starts sending the folder to the remote folder. This is the only thing that's holding me back from buying a license to have this after the trial is up

Please help me
Thank you

Code: Select all# Set current local directory LOCALCHDIR("d:\Auto\Stuff") # Set current remote directory CHDIR("/RemoteStuff") WHILE("TRUE")  SYNC("D:\Auto\Stuff","/RemoteStuff/",UPLOAD,"*.sfv",SUBDIRS) # Wait for 10 seconds  SLEEP("10") END WHILE
Hello,

I think that there is now way to do that. Only if the directory D:\Auto\Stuff has one level of subdirectories you could check for a new subdirectory and upload the SFV file with PUTFILE and then SYNC. Unfortunately I guess that D:\Auto\Stuff hass many levels of deepness so it's not possible.
Thanks for the response, I'm not sure what you mean by check if a new subdirectory is added, can't I just set it to D:\ then the Auto folder would be only one level deep and any subdirectories added to the Auto folder would be sent? I'm having trouble understanding.. Not sure what to put for PUTFILE to send the sfv first
Hello,

I'm also about a bit confused about what you are trying to do, sorry. I read again your first question carefully and I think I have finally understood it.
Synchronizing remote directory /RemoteStuff/ from D:\Auto\Stuff.
Uploading (remote file not found) Hey.You\piclist.sfv
***** SYNC Error #533: Cannot upload local file piclist.sfv.
***** The server said: Requested action not taken. You must upload sfv first.
Enable verbose mode using VERBOSE(ON) and paste here again the contents of the SYNC outuput. Note that ScriptFTP performs more steps (not shown in the normal output) before uploading a file when synchronizing. This may be the reason why your FTP server is returning an error but I'm not sure. Use also SETUPLOADMODE(DIRECT) to make ScriptFTP upload files with their final name instead of using temporary file names.

I guess that after using SYNC with sfv files you will use again SYNC to synchronize the rest of files, something like this:
Code: Select all$result=SYNC("D:\Auto\Stuff","/RemoteStuff/",UPLOAD,"*.sfv",SUBDIRS) IF ($result=="OK") SYNC("D:\Auto\Stuff","/RemoteStuff/",UPLOAD,SUBDIRS) END IF
is this right?