ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
I want to check whether the file on the server is being accessed or not, If not than i want to upload a file and replace it.

Is there any command available for this in scriptFTP ? Or is there any command for appending the file?
Hello,
I want to check whether the file on the server is being accessed or not,(...) Is there any command available for this in scriptFTP ?
The FTP protocol does not provide a way to check if a remote file was accessed or not, sorry.
Or is there any command for appending the file?
No, there is no command for that. But it has been requested recently by other users. I think that future versions of ScriptFTP will have a command to append text to a remote file.
But what about checking whether a local file is being accessed or not? Is that possible? I think this is not really a script thing, but is there any personal computer experts her to answer the question?

I wanted to upload the Outlook.pst file generated by Outlook, but had to shut down Outlook in front of the SYNC command. If not, I got the error: SYNC Error #24: Unknown Error 2, with the text (translated from Norwegian): The process have no admittance to the file. The file is being used by another process.

Stopping Outlook made the Script run OK when started manually, but not when run scheduled for some strange reason. Today I have put a SLEEP (15) command between executing the stop Outlook and the SYNC command, and so far that looks good.

Lars H.
Stopping Outlook made the Script run OK when started manually, but not when run scheduled for some strange reason.
Depending on your Windows configuration scheduled tasks may be run using a special user account for security reasons. Check the scheduled task properties (under control panel in XP or within ScriptFTP scheduler) to see what user is really running the scheduled script.

Today I have put a SLEEP (15) command between executing the stop Outlook and the SYNC command, and so far that looks good.
When you close a program that way a signal is sent to the program and then the program closes itself. This usually takes a couple of seconds, even more in a heavy application such as outlook.