Script

FTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS

and schedule FTP batch jobs

• Any chance of SSH (SFTP) support? --- Feature added in v4.0

• Missing any feature or command? Post your ideas here. Suggestions are welcome.
Missing any feature or command? Post your ideas here. Suggestions are welcome.
 #45  by Rolard
 26 Aug 2008, 18:11
Note from ScriptFTP support:
This feature has been added in the new release of ScriptFTP (4.0).

I currently can only make limited use of ScriptFTP as many of the clients I deal with have moved over to SFTP servers forcing me to use FTPShell instead which makes me very sad. :cry: So as the topic says any chance we'll see SFTP (SSH) support anytime in the future? I think I asked this back in the early 2.0 days but I don't remember if it was a never or maybe someday answer. I love the product otherwise though.

Thanks! :D
Rolard
 #46  by ScriptFTP support
 27 Aug 2008, 12:16
Thanks Rolard,

I'm currently working on adding SFTP to ScriptFTP. I expect to get it ready before three months but I cannot guarantee that, sorry.

I think it's a must have. The SFTP is getting more and more popular.
 #145  by ScriptFTP support
 31 Oct 2008, 19:37
Hi there,

Well, the SFTP development has been delayed. It won't be ready for Christmas expected. I found that it requires some major changes in the ScriptFTP internal structure and now I want to focus in other aspects of the program. It will be supported sometime in the future, but don't expect to get it before 6 months. Sorry.

If anyone reading this post is interested in SFTP support (I know many of you are) please, post a message here. I'd like to know how popular SFTP is becoming (or not).
-->