ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
I am new to ScriptFtp. I have script to sync a web folder structure with around 1000 files and a folder depth of maybe four levels.

Things work well enough for about ten minutes, and a few hundred files are synced, then the connection is lost.

error is not on your error list here in the site -
***** SYNC Error #16023: Connection closed

SYNC("D:\xxx\Ctrl","/xxx/Ctrl",UPLOAD,SUBDIRS,"*.xml")
***** SYNC Error #18001: Not connected.
Error uploading files

CLOSEHOST
***** CLOSEHOST Error #18001: Not connected.

It failed at exactly the same point both times I have run it.

Also, after reaching this point in the script, the window does not show the STOP menu selection, so I can't cleanly stop the script (maybe it is not necessary?)

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks
This problem can be address using GOTO to jump just before OPENHOST if SYNC returns an error. Please, post your script here (you can of course hide your server, user name and password) and I will tell you how to do so.
Also, after reaching this point in the script, the window does not show the STOP menu selection, so I can't cleanly stop the script (maybe it is not necessary?)
Mmm, this is very strange. Does the stop button is active?
I've worked around the problem -

It seems that all the hidden version control files were being synced as well, and there were many of them. Some of those folders start with a ".", don't know if that has anything to do with it. But they were also nested several layers deep, and I was using the SUBDIRS option.

I revised the script to explicitly handle the folders I care about, and removed the SUBDIRS option. The script is now much bigger of course, but it runs to completion

If I encounter the problem again, I will post the script and log.

What is error 16023 by the way? It was not on your list when I checked.

Thanks
I got the same problem.
OPENHOST seems not to work. It is just running some time and then it gives an error.
Using DOS FTP I just can connect. This is displayed by ScriptFTP:
Running C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP\backup2.ftp

OPENHOST("x.x.nl","y",******)
Connecting to x.x.nl
Connected.

CLOSEHOST
***** CLOSEHOST Error #18001: Not connected.
This is in the script file:
Code: Select all# Connect to host.com as mysuer OPENHOST("x.x.nl","y","z") # Close the connection CLOSEHOST
So nothing special.
Anybody any suggestions?
Hello,

Kygre said:
What is error 16023 by the way? It was not on your list when I checked.
This error means that the connection was unexpectedly closed. It happens when the FTP server or a firewall in the network simply aborts the connection. There are many reasons why this could happen.

Thanks Kygre, this error was not listed by mistake. I have update the error list accordingly.

http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic620

Mdehoog said:
I got the same problem.
The script output does not give too much information about the server responses, the reason of the connection cut could be there. Could you post the script output with the verbose mode enabled? It is done putting VERBOSE(ON) on the top of the script.
Indeed this gives much more feedback
Running C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP\backup2.ftp

VERBOSE(ON)
Verbose mode enabled

OPENHOST("X","X",******)
Connecting to X
Resolving host name "X"
Connecting to X Port: 21
Connected to X.
220 backup8.X FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
USER xx
331 Password required for xx.
PASS ..............
230 User xxlogged in.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: BSD-199506
FEAT
500 FEAT: command not understood.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
REST 0
350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer.
PWD
257 "/bupper4/colobackup/xx" is current directory.
Connected.
Checking if MLSD works in this serverPASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (.,.,.,.,.,.)
Opening data connection to .... Port: .....
LIST
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Sorry for replyin a bit late, mdehoog. I think I got it, please try putting this on the top of your script file:
Code: Select all# Disable FTP passive mode (behave like the traditional DOS FTP client) SETPASSIVE(DISABLED)