ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Howdy all,

Currently having an annoying error pop up.

Have a sync setup to download all websites from our reseller web hosting package - we use a global FTP which allows us to see all domains hosted - each domain appears as a folder - for example domain.co.uk.

For some strange reason, the error below appears on a number of domains. To skip, I add the domain folder to the exclusions, but it simply pops up the next time. I am able to access via FTP application and view the folders which it is complaining about!
***** SYNC Error #17550: Cannot change current remote directory to domain.co.uk.
***** The server said: Can't change directory to domain.co.uk: No such file or directory
Thanks,
Nirm
paste in the first line of the script verbose (on), run and show the result of
Hi,

This is the output from when the script stops:

PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode ([FTP SERVER],76,73)
Opening data connection to [FTP SERVER] Port: 19529
MLSD
0 bytes transferred. (0 bytes/s) (16 ms)
150 Accepted data connection
226-ASCII
226-Sorry, we were unable to read [.]
226-Options: -a -l
226 0 matches total
CWD ..
250 OK. Current directory is /
PWD
257 "/" is your current location
CWD [Folder name]
550 Can't change directory to [Folder name]: No such file or directory

***** SYNC Error #17550: Cannot change current remote directory to [Folder name].
***** The server said: Can't change directory to [Folder name]: No such file or directory

CWD /
250 OK. Current directory is /
PWD
257 "/" is your current location

CLOSEHOST
QUIT
221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
221 Logout.
Client closed the connection.

Disconnected.

When I connect via FileZilla, the folder in question is there and I can access using the same user details to log in via the script.

Thanks,
Nirmal
Hello Nirmal,

We would need to see how you call SYNC (with all the parameters) to tell you what is wrong. Try also using a full path, for example, "/var/wwww/htdocs/mydomain.com".