ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hi

I often have this kind of error when synchronizing:

***** SYNC Error #421: Cannot get modified time of ˠrPsU.
***** The server said: No Transfer Timeout (900 seconds): closing control connection.

scriptFTP runs on a windows 2003 x64 server and the target server is ProFTPD 1.3.0 hosted in a linux system.

This is quite annoyng because the entire synch process is then aborted.

Is there a way to catch the error, log it, and resume synch?

Thank you
Andrea
no advices, workarounds or commets for this issue?

Andrea
Hello Andrea,

My apologies for replying a bit late.

I suggest you to restart the script from the beginning using GOTO. For example:
Code: Select all:start OPENHOST("ftp.myhost.com","myuser","mypassed") $result=SYNC("C:\localdir","remotedir",UPLOAD) # If SYNC returned error 421 reconnect and try again. IF( $result==421) GOTO :start END IF CLOSEHOST  

Try also installing the latest build of ScriptFTP, some bugs were fixed since the 3.1 release available in the download tab. Some were related to timeouts during synchronization.

http://www.scriptftp.com/ScriptFTP_devel_setup.exe
Hi,

restarting the entire synch process may help but it is not the optimal solution. I have about one hundred scripts running during the day each of them may process thousands of files.

It would be better to have a parameter (sounds like a feature request :-) indicating whether to stop the process or not when an error is raised.

In general the synch process should be parameterized in order to be more reliable (eg do not stop when certain kinds of errors are encountered). In fact I experiment the same isuue whenever the download process encounters problem whith remote files (bad filenames, unreadable files etc etc).

Thank you
Hi Andrea,

Yes, that is a good idea. I have to think a way to implement this without adding more SYNC parameters. May be a new command to set it, something like this:
Code: Select allSETIGNORERROR(421) SETIGNORERROR(451) SETIGNORERROR(12003) SYNC("C:\localdir","remotedir",UPLOAD) SETIGNORERROR(CLEAR)
restarting the entire synch process may help but it is not the optimal solution. I have about one hundred scripts running during the day each of them may process thousands of files.
Have you tried separating the SYNC call in multiple SYNCs? One for each directory. Of course, this is only possible if you already know what directories are in the remote site.
Hi,
I installed the devel release and now I get a lot of this errors:

Downloading (local file is older) vetrina/img/13708-8_2.jpg
***** SYNC Error #5 : Cannot rename local temporary file from 13708-8_2.jpg.part to 13708-8_2.jpg.
***** The system said: Access is denied.

downloading of new files (no overwrite needed) is OK.

Not sure if this is caused by the devel release, folder permission on win2003 are allright (double checked), the scheduled job runs with administrators rights.

Andrea
Hello Andrea,

Thanks fr the feedback. It was a bug only found in the development release. I've fixed it and now this error should not happen anymore.

http://www.ScriptFTP.com/ScriptFTP_devel_setup.exe