ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hi there,

I searched on the forum but could not find what I'm looking for and also not sure if it is possible what I'm looking for.

I want to set a download limit but for files. So say download 100 files only, finished, close session. Is there a way with FTPScript?

Thanks.

AAHendriks.
Hello,

Yes, it is possible in most cases. Could you post your script file to show you where you have to add a variable that works as download counter?
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay due busy period. Here is a part of the script wherein I want to set a download limit. I'm not sure if it needs to be set under the command GETLIST or under GET. Maybe you can give me some advice on this? Thanks.

Cheers.
Albert.
Code: Select all# Get file list $result=GETLIST($list,REMOTE_FILES,"*.*") IF($result!="OK") PRINT("Cannot connect to remote folder. Sending an email and aborting in 5 seconds.") SILENT(ON)      EXEC($blat_cmd_line_4) SILENT(OFF)      SLEEP(5) END IF # Copy and Delete files, one by one FOREACH $item IN $list  $result=GETFILE($item)  IF($result=="OK") DELETEFILE($item)   ELSE      PRINT("Can not download files. Sending an email and aborting in 5 seconds.") SILENT(ON)      EXEC($blat_cmd_line_5) SILENT(OFF)      SLEEP(5)  END IF END FOREACH  
Hi Albert,

You have to add a variable to count the times a file has been succesfully downloaded in the FOREACH loop:
Code: Select all# ----------- Added by ScriptFTP support # Set the initial value of the download counter $counter=0 # ------------------------------ FOREACH $item IN $list  $result=GETFILE($item)  IF($result=="OK") DELETEFILE($item) # ----------- Added by ScriptFTP support $counter=$counter+1 # ------------------------------  ELSE PRINT("Can not download files. Sending an email and aborting in 5 seconds.") SILENT(ON) EXEC($blat_cmd_line_5) SILENT(OFF) SLEEP(5)  END IF # ----------- Added by ScriptFTP support      # If $counter has reached 100 stop the script  IF($counter==100)  STOP  END IF # ----------------------------- END FOREACH
Thanks, it works perfectly.
:)