ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hello, I have a problem.
I need to create a script and I run it at a certain time.
The problem happens when I change the time the windows task scheduler. 0x80070005 is the error that shows and tells me he does not have permission to perform the requested operation. I can do?
Hello,

This usually happens when the scheduled script is created by another user. Have you tried to change the time using an Admin user?
my windows xp has only one user created and is the administrator
Hello,

This usually happens when the scheduled script is created by another user. Have you tried to change the time using an Admin user?
attached image of error
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (165.78KiB)Viewed 3483 times
It is very strange. If you are the Admin user you cannot get a "denied access" error because you have the user privileges to do whatever you want. At least this is the theory...

Please, contact me via Skype, this way I think we can repeat everything step by step, may be there is something I missed. My skype id is cls357. I speak spanish and english.
Amigo te he agregado pero no estas online, nos vemos pronto. Gracias por tu ayuda
Translation to English:

Hey my friend, I've added you but you aren't online. I hope to see you soon. Thanks for your help.
Update for the rest of users:

I have talked with Aalvira via Skype and used TeamViewer to connect to his computer. We successfully fixed the problem but It was not related to ScriptFTP. Scheduled scripts that ScriptFTP creates are completely handled by the Windows task scheduler, not ScriptFTP itself. Setting a new password for the Administrator account seems to have worked. I have no idea why, ask microsoft... ;)
I had the same problem, and it was indeed an issue with the Task Scheduler Service and/or the Windows User Account settings. Rather than CHANGING my account password, I had to create a new one since I had never set a password for my account.

So either changing your existing password or creating one for the first time for your account (if you never applied one when you set up the account) seem to both work to solve the problem.