ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Since SYNC() doesn't preserve the local timestamp on the uploaded file, I decided to try to write a script to do so. Here's one I'm testing...
Code: Select all# Connect to FTP server OPENHOST("ftp.*****.***","******@*****.***","*****") $file_name="TestFile.zip" $remote_dir="" $remote_file_size=0 $remote_file_time="" $local_dir="E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup" $local_file_size=0 $local_file_time="" $remote_file_size=GETFILESIZE(REMOTE,$remote_dir.$file_name) $remote_file_time=GETFILETIME(REMOTE,$remote_dir.$file_name) $local_file_size=GETFILESIZE(LOCAL,$local_dir."\".$file_name) $local_file_time=GETFILETIME(LOCAL,$local_dir."\".$file_name) PRINT("") PRINT("------------------------------------") PRINT("File: " . $file_name) PRINT("") PRINT("Remote directory: " . $remote_dir) PRINT("FILE TIME: " . $remote_file_time) PRINT("FILE SIZE: " . $remote_file_size) PRINT("") PRINT("Local directory: " .$local_dir) PRINT("FILE TIME: " . $local_file_time) PRINT("FILE SIZE: " . $local_file_size) PRINT("------------------------------------") PRINT("") IF(($local_file_time > $remote_file_time))     PRINT("UPLOAD this file.")     PUTFILE($local_dir."\".$file_name)     SETFILETIME(REMOTE,$remote_dir.$file_name,$local_file_time) ELSE     PRINT("Do NOT UPLOAD this file.") END IF # Transfer finished, close the connection CLOSEHOST

And here's the output results...
Running E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup\test_sync.ftp

OPENHOST("ftp.*****.***","******@*****.***","*****")
Connecting to ftp.*****.***
Connected.

GETFILESIZE(REMOTE,"TestFile.zip")

GETFILETIME(REMOTE,"TestFile.zip")

GETFILESIZE(LOCAL,"E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup\TestFile.zip")

GETFILETIME(LOCAL,"E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup\TestFile.zip")

------------------------------------
File: TestFile.zip

Remote directory:
FILE TIME: 2000_01_01-06_00_00
FILE SIZE: 21416

Local directory: E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup
FILE TIME: 2009_01_20-21_50_58
FILE SIZE: 21416
------------------------------------

UPLOAD this file.

PUTFILE("E:\Users\Paul\Test\ZipBackup\TestFile.zip")
Uploading................. TestFile.zip

SETFILETIME(REMOTE,"TestFile.zip","2009_01_20-21_50_58")
Setting remote file TestFile.zip modification time to 20/01/2009 - 21:50:58.
***** SETFILETIME Error #17550: Cannot change modified time of the remote file TestFile.zip.
***** The server said: Can't check for file existence

CLOSEHOST
Disconnected.

I have no idea why the SETFILETIME() doesn't work.
Hi Paul,
Setting remote file TestFile.zip modification time to 20/01/2009 - 21:50:58.
***** SETFILETIME Error #17550: Cannot change modified time of the remote file TestFile.zip.
***** The server said: Can't check for file existence
I have no idea why the SETFILETIME() doesn't work.
Neither me. According to the error message the server had some trouble. Could you enable VERBOSE(ON) and repost the script output?