ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
While performing a sync between two web servers, usually it will stop with the error, "No-transfer-time exceeded". First of all, what is this error, and second, is there a way to prevent it?
Could you post the output of ScriptFTP? Enabling verbose mode with VERBOSE(ON) helps.

ScriptFTP sometimes forwards the error that it receives from the FTP server. This seems to be the case. Unfortunately, some FTP servers report that kind of strange error messages...
I have turned VERBOSE(ON), but will have to wait until tomorrow to send the actual output. Problem is that right now, there are over 71,000 lines in the log. I'm sure you don't want me to post that. I can post the last few lines where the actual error occurs.

I am using FileZilla FTP Server, and I've looked up the error on their site. The error apparently occurs when a file upload is not started within the "allotted time" I can set that setting in setup, but right now it's set to 10 minutes. I would think that within 10 minutes, it would have started an upload, but since I'm syncing a folder with tens of thousands of files, it's possible it would take that long or longer to finally get down to a file that needed to be uploaded if there were no changes. If that is the problem, I'm not sure what else to do except to set it to either 0 (unlimited), or 60 minutes or something.

If you've got any other ideas, I welcome it.

Thanks,
Jesse