ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
hi,
Can ScriptFTP work in minimized mode?
I do not want to interrupt or stop the ScriptFTP during my work on the desktop...

thanks
when I using Scheduled Tasks...
You have to edit the scheduled script properties but not from ScriptFTP.

If you are using Windows XP or Server 2003 go to Control panel->Programmed tasks. If you are using Vista, 7 or Server 2008 just type "Task Scheduler" in the start menu.

Then you have to find the scheduled task that ScriptFTP has created for you, the name is usually the script file name. Edit the properties and modify its command line. It should look more or less like this:

C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP\ScriptFTP.exe "C:\bla bla \bla bla\myscript.ftp" /AUTOCLOSE

You have to add the /HIDE command line parameter

C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP\ScriptFTP.exe "C:\bla bla \bla bla\myscript.ftp" /AUTOCLOSE /TRAY

You can find other useful command line parameters for ScriptFTP here:

http://scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic430

(take a look at the bottom of that help topic)
but this is entered in the command line so I can't plan it and use "Scheduled Tasks"... :(
Right?
Last edited by Mihcal on 14 Jun 2010, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Mihcal,

Yes, you can also use /TRAY in a sheculed script. All you have to do is modify the command line of the scheduled task that ScriptFTP has created. This is done outside ScriptFTP, in the Control panel in XP and in "Programmed tasks" in Vista and 7
Sure it works correctly in a version 2.3 or in 3.0 +?
It works for ScriptFTP version 3.0 and newer, not for 1.X or 2.X
that was the problem :)
thanks