ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
I have added the following to my script
Code: Select allADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.csv")
I am syncing between two Windows Server 2003 machines. However, if I scroll down the log, I see many occurrences where it is downloading a file with the .CSV extension. It lists it in all caps, so I don't know if this is case sensitive or not. This being a Windows based machine, it should not be case sensitive, but you never know, and that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,
Jesse
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for asking, it is something that I think should be explained.

It is case sensitive. Regarding to remote files ScriptFTP is always case sensitive. For example, asdf.CSV is not the same as asdf.csv or asdf.CsV. Remote files are treated that way because in Unix or Linux environments file names are case sensitive and most of the FTP servers run this kind of operating systems.

But regarding to local files, as ScriptFTP runs on Windows, it is not case sensitive. If you were using ADDEXCLUSION to exclude *.csv files from the upload ScriptFTP should not upload any .csv, .CSV, or CsV file.
OK, so just to be safe, I should do the following:
Code: Select allADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.csv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CSV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.Csv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CsV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CSv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.csV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.cSV") #etc....?
What you're saying makes sense, and I see why it is that way. For Windows servers, though, maybe a parameter of some sort would be in order that would allow you to turn case sensitivity off? For now, I'm just going to add ".CSV" to the mix and if I see any others come across, I'll just add that too.

Thanks,
Jesse
Code: Select allADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.csv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CSV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.Csv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CsV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.CSv") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.csV") ADDEXCLUSION(DOWNLOAD,"*.cSV")
Yes, it is correct.
maybe a parameter of some sort would be in order that would allow you to turn case sensitivity off?
Yes, it would be very useful. I will add it to the wish list. Thanks :)