ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
I'm running a rename image and ftp to a server directory which works ok. My problem is that the scriptftp window remains open in XP and after so many open windows I get an 'out of memory' error and the process stops.
I want to automate so that I can leave the PC alone indefinitely and be able to send a jpg file to a server directory every half hour of the day.

What do I put in the script file after closehost that will close the window each time the script is run?

Alternately, if the process can be automated using the command line and /autoclose somehow, that would be fine also.

Many thanks
What do I put in the script file after closehost that will close the window each time the script is run?
Use the EXIT command for this. It will make ScriptFTP to stop the script and close.
Alternately, if the process can be automated using the command line and /autoclose somehow, that would be fine also.
If you are using the script scheduler the command line parameter /autoclose is indeed put in the command line automatically. Take a look at this help topic for further reference about the ScriptFTP.exe and ScriptFTP_console.exe command line parameters:

http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic430
I appreciate the help. Thanks

I did make one try at using EXIT in the script and found my script was not carrying out the operations.. I've just tried it again and it works ok.

Many thanks