ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hi,

I'm using ScriptFTP to upload a bunch of files daily. The script works fine until it reaches the point where there is a file that was created or modified today. I'm using the "filesupload" script but need help. It skips all the files NOT created today (good) but when it gets to a file that was created today it bonks..
PUTFILE("New Text Document teext document.txt")
Uploading................. New Text Document teext document.txt
***** PUTFILE Error #17550: Cannot upload local file New Text Document text document.txt.
***** The server said: New Text Document teext document.txt: Access is denied.

Error uploading New Text Document teext document.txt. Stopping the script.

The "New Text Document text document.txt" is a test. My thought is that the file is too long but we cannot shorten the file name. Is there a way for ScriptFTP to take the file no matter how long it is? or alter the script to change to file/shorten the file..

Our normal file parameter is something like this..
Code: Select allGETFILETIME(LOCAL,"DriversByCompany_12-09-2009 080001 AM.csv")  
I noticed that if I were to use ftp (traditional way) It would work only if I shorten the file name to something like "DriversByCompany_12-09-2009" without the "080001 AM.csv"

Please help...
I noticed that if I were to use ftp (traditional way) It would work only if I shorten the file name to something like "DriversByCompany_12-09-2009" without the "080001 AM.csv"
***** PUTFILE Error #17550: Cannot upload local file New Text Document text document.txt.
***** The server said: New Text Document teext document.txt: Access is denied.
Error uploading New Text Document teext document.txt. Stopping the script.
This means that your FTP server does not accept files with so long names. I think that, from the ScriptFTP side, there is nothing to do, sorry. It is a FTP server limitation.