ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hello,
I'm using ScriptFTP 3.0, with SYNC function.

When files are uploaded with scriptFTP, date and time of file are changed so when ScriptFTP check the difference between locals and remotes files, they are always different and always downloaded. A solution ?

Many Thanks.
Hello,
The FTP servers set the current time as the modified time to every received file and there is no way to change this behavior, it's not related to ScriptFTP. The FTP protocol does not allow to set the modified time of a remote file, this is because in ScriptFTP the file synchronizations are always one way. This means that there is always a source directory where the files are changed/created or deleted and a destination directory that ScriptFTP updates based on the changes of the source directory. The third parameter of the SYNC command (UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD....) is used to set if the local or the remote directory is the source.

If you synchronize both ways (using SYNC twice, one with UPLOAD and other with DOWNLOAD) you will get strange behaviors like the one you described.
Code: Select all# Wrong idea. ScriptFTP syncronizations are always one way: SYNC("D:\my_local_dir","/my_remote_dir",UPLOAD) SYNC("D:\my_local_dir","/my_remote_dir",DOWNLOAD) # The second SYNC call will make ScriptFTP to download every file again # and again. This is because the FTP servers set the current time as the # modified time to every received file and there is no way to change this # behavior. It's not a ScriptFTP fault, it's a FTP protocol limitation. # There is no standard way to change a remote file modification time, # it's automatically set by the server.