ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
I have a server that uses ScriptFTP for backup purposes. The directory tree is very deep and so the 260 character limit is a serious problem for me, because we use such a folder structure.

Is it possible to disable this path length protection?

I am running Windows server 2012 R2 Standard with about 5TB of data that is incrementally backed up every day to an offsite location.
Hi,

The 260 character limit is a windows limitation. Applications (such as ScriptFTP) are limited to use 260 characters in a path:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file
I have an AD set up on windows and 260 characters path length limitation is removed. My AD works with no problem with paths exceeding 260 characters.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled set to 1
Ok, thanks. I will add this to the list of issues to investigate a bit further for the next release. There may be a workaround to the API limitation.
Hi,

is there an update supporting this feature coming out in a foreseeable future?
No, sorry. This seems to be a Windows limitation and we cannot fix this from ScriptFTP