ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post here if you experience file transfer problems or unexpected errors.
Hi,
when I used function SYNC created me file with the .tmp in the FTP... (for example: ScF1569.tmp)
Can I prevent this?
ScriptFTP creates a tmp file to calculate the clock time difference between the computer where ScriptFTP is running and the FTP server. That files are automatically deleted by ScriptFTP (they only last one or two seconds) but for some reason it seems that your FTP server keeps them. Could you post the script output with verbose mode enabled? Just put the following on the top of your script file:
Code: Select allVERBOSE(ON)
The interesting part of the output is the one starting with the SYNC call and and about 10 lines after.
This is my simple code:
Code: Select allOPENHOST("xxx.yy","login","password") SYNC("D:\ftp copy\","/",DOWNLOAD,SUBDIRS) CLOSEHOST EXIT
It may be a problem in my version ScriptFTP?
I have 2.3
Hi Mihcal,

ScriptFTP 2.3 should also delete the .tmp files in the server but I suggest you to upgrade to the latest version. This makes troubleshooting easier.

Could you send me the script output? You posted the script itself but this is not very useful as I need to see what happened in the point where ScriptFTP creates the tmp file. Remember to enable the VERBOSE mode (see my last post)
the problem is resolved in the General thread
thanks
Thanks for the feedback Mihcal