ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Missing any feature or command? Post your ideas here. Suggestions are welcome.
Not sure if this is the correct forum group regarding this AS2 issue. We are attempting to establish an AS2 connection with an EDI trading partner direct connect. Historically, I've depended upon our VAN to maintain the AS2 connectivity with our customers/trading partners; therefore, I'm AS2 ignorant. We use ScriptFTP to transfer all EDI documents.

Question: Is it possible to send and receive documents using ScriptFTP whereby satisfying the customer's AS2 requirement?
Hello Daniel,

I am sorry but I don't know what AS2 or EDI means. I have done a quick Google search and it seems it is something specific to your business field.

May be, if you share more details I can figure out what you need to do and if ScriptFTP can help you doing that.
EDE is an ANSI standardized text file format intended to communicate business commerce between a customer and supplier. For example: a customer sends an EDI formatted Purchase Order to their Vendor. We currently use Script FTP to exchange these documents via VAN which is an organization that routes your document to the appropriate recipient. Think of a VAN as the postal service that routes envelopes to the intended address.

AS2 is a communication technology that, per my limited understanding, pushes documents to a recipient that is listening or waiting for a file. The connection between the two sites is always online and therefore always listening. These AS2 connections are secured via a security certificate. Usually an AS2 server can managed multiple AS2 connection sites simultaneously. From an EDI perspective and since we are a supplier/vendor this means we can have multiple dedicated connections to numerous customers where each connection is always listening and waiting to receive a document or to send/push a queued document to the customer.

Since ScriptFTP is based upon a batch processing design and don't believe it currently supports the same communication methodology as AS2, probably its current version is unsuitable. But perhaps some enhancements configuring it to always listen as in a server configuration may be possible since AS2 is a published standard.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

But perhaps some enhancements configuring it to always listen as in a server configuration may be possible since AS2 is a published standard.

Yes, I will move this thread to the feature requests subforum. I must say that it is the first time that someone asks for this. But may be more people find it a nice idea to add to the app