ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello,

First of all, thanks for your excellent product. It helps to resolve a lot of FTP backup tasks in our company.

I have backup script that uses Zip program to archive data before transfer. Some of local folders have space in their names, for exampe Program Files. I couldn't execute external program in this situation because space is used as parameter delimeter. In other batches I could use quotes to pass such parameters.

So the question is how to add a quote to variable value? I tried:
$x = """
$x = "\""
But this syntax is incorrect.

Best regards,
Alex @ databaseonline.nl
Hello Alex,

Thanks for posting, this is a very important issue and have just realised that it isn't covered in the forum.

You can use two types of quotes in a script the double quotes (most common) and the single quote. For example:
Code: Select all# Example that shows how single and double quotes can be used as text string delimiters $myfile='test.txt' $myfile2="photo.jpg"
This is particularly vey useful for EXEC as some command line parameters need double quotes inside themselves. For example:
Code: Select allEXEC('copy "C:\path with spaces\Report 2008.txt" C:\saved\notes.sav')
You may find useful the remarks section of the EXEC help topic:
http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic260