ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
This will work for my needs. However, I need to know how to set the scheduler to continue to upload every 10 minutes with no ending time, in other words run all the time
Take a look at the attached screen shot. It shows how it can be configured.
Attachments
script_every_10_minutes.jpg
script_every_10_minutes.jpg (149.13KiB)Viewed 3000 times
Yes I have the check box checked to repeat the run for every 15 minutes. But under that there is an until. What does in there to have it never stop.

Also have another problem. What happens is an applictaion creates a file ever minute. Sometimes that happens when the upload is started so the file. So a message box is created that says:

Error attempting Opening File, the dialog choice is to retry or cancel. Since this runs ever 15 mins it happens on occasion. This happened 18 times in the past 9 hours so it does not happen all the time. Is there anyway to not have this show up. i don't care if the error occurs, it usually uploads the next time
But under that there is an until. What does in there to have it never stop.
You can do an infinite loop within your script. For example:

[scriptftp="infinite_loop.ftp"]WHILE(TRUE)
OPENHOST("ftp.myhost.com","myuser","123456")
PUTFILE("C:\My Documents\notes.txt")
CLOSEHOST()

# Wait a few seconds for the next round
SLEEP(10)
END WHILE[/ScriptFTP]

But it is not recommended. I suggest you to schedule the script to run every minute. If you want a more frequent upload you can just repeat the contents of your script a couple or three times. For example:

[scriptftp="multiple_transfers_same_script.ftp"]OPENHOST("ftp.myhost.com","myuser","123456")
CLOSEHOST()

SLEEP(10)

CLOSEHOST()

SLEEP(10)

CLOSEHOST()[/ScriptFTP]

Is there anyway to not have this show up. i don't care if the error occurs, it usually uploads the next time
The best way to do so (or at least) what other customer have done is to create a lock file. This is an empty file that the other program creates to show that the other file is being written. When the other file is done the other program removes the lock file. The mechanism is simple: If ScriptFTP finds the lock file it does nothing, if not it proceeds with the file transfer. I don't know if your other program can do so but if you want to follow this approach take a look at the following forum threads:

http://www.scriptftp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38
http://www.scriptftp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=566