ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I thought UPLOAD_DELETE was supposed to overwrite the destination file regardless of the time-stamps. I have ScritpFTP 3.2 and I see "Skipping (remote file is up to date)" whenever I run the script. If there's another way to accomplish that which i need, I'm all eyes (because this is a forum, cute right?)

I want orphans removed and all files uploaded to overwrite existing files with extreme prejudice.
FTP Script
  1. DELETEFILE("*.*")
  2. PUTFILE("*.*")
That is what I thought. I thought there might be a single method that I could use. I reread the help page regarding sync and saw that it's stated there very clearly that sync will only overwrite a destination file that is older than the source file.

It would be nice to have an optional parameter for sync to control that behavior.

Thank you for your reply
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I thought UPLOAD_DELETE was supposed to overwrite the destination file regardless of the time-stamps.
The difference between UPLOAD and UPLOAD_DELETE is that if a file exists in the remote folder but not in the local folder will be deleted if UPLOAD_DELETE is used. If you used just UPLOAD that file will not be deleted. This is what is called in the documentation "orphan files"
It would be nice to have an optional parameter for sync to control that behavior.
Thanks for the suggestion they are always appreciated but if there were a parameter in SYNC that enables this behaviour SYNC would do the same as the script posted by Wandrey before. We try to keep the command syntax as simple as possible.