ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
hi all I would like to run scriptftp in my linux server system .. can anyone help me to install the necessary packages? With wine I have to install dotnet 4.0 but I have 64 bit system. Thank you all
Hi,

I don't know anyone running ScriptFTP on Linux. As far as I know people on Linux prefer to write their own bash scripting thing that calls the linux ftp command line tool.

However, yes, as ScriptFTP is an application developed in dot net 4.0 you could (in theory) run on it Wine. If anyone knows I would be glad to know.

Thanks for posting this question. A very interesting topic.
Hello, after trying a lot of attempts I finally managed to get ScriptFTP on linux ...

Obviously you have to install the wine emulator and then with two commands install dotnet 4.0
Code: Select allenv WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winetricks dotnet40
to start the software setup
Code: Select allWINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine scriptftpsetup.exe
now I can use this fantastic software on my linux server :)
:) :) :)

That is great news. Just some tips that you may find useful:

• The only thing that ScriptFTP needs to run are the files under C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP. Just grabbing this folder you can get ScriptFTP running, you don't need to actually run the installer.
  • Under a Linux server you may find useful to run ScriptFTP_console.exe, which is the command line version of ScriptFTP.
Thanks for info....i wanna try script but i get error in linux server....why
SETPROTOCOL(FTPS_EXPLICIT_ENCRYPT_DATA)
Setting protocol to FTP over SSL (explicit with data channel encryption).
Setting TCP port to 21.

SETPORT(2121)
Setting TCP port to 2121

OPENHOST("ftpserver.net","Style","********")
Connecting to ftpserver.net
····· OPENHOST Error #0
····· Unable to verify ServerKeyExchange signature.

this is my full script

FTP Script
  1. # Connect to FTP server
  2. SETPROTOCOL(FTPS_EXPLICIT_ENCRYPT_DATA)
  3. SETPORT(2121)
  4. OPENHOST("ftpserver.net","Style","********")
  5. SYNC("Z:\home\style\files","/ANDROID",DOWNLOAD,SUBDIRS)
  7. # Close connection
This error means that the SSL certificate at the FTP server could not be checked. By default ScriptFTP accepts privately signed certificates (certs with no CA behind)

I think this is something related to how Windows (in this case Wine) handles the accepted certificates, CAs etc. It is OS dependent and, just guessing, it may be because of Wine.

Have you tried connecting to the same server under Windows with ScriptFTP? Do you get the same error?
Hello, I tried on windows and it works without problems, surely there will be a way on wine to make everything work