ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
I will post here a question I have received from the contact form of this website. The customer did not enter his/her email correctly and because of that I am unable to reply. I hope he or she visits the forum and see the answer.
Can we have the ScriptFTP run in the background when it launches at the scheduled time? For example, when a schedule download of files is supposed to take place at 10 a.m. the file download should start but the ScriptFTP window should not pop up and disrupt the work that is being done on the computer.
ScriptFTP can be run in the background using the /HIDE command line parameter. See this help topic:

http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic560

To run in the background a scheduled script you need to do the following steps:
  • Create a scheduled script in ScriptFTP.
  • Open the Windows programmed tasks tool. The location of this program depends on the version of Windows you are running. On 2000 and XP it is under the control panel. On later version typing "tasks" or "scheduled" on the start menu should show you the program. Note that if your windows uses a different language its name will be different.
  • Find the scheduled task that ScriptFTP has created and edit its command line paramters. After the script path type /HIDE
Attachments
scheduled_task_on_background.jpg
scheduled_task_on_background.jpg (89.8KiB)Viewed 2841 times