ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
I am writing a script that executes a query against an mysql database which returns in a text file the name of the file to upload to a client's server. Is it possible to read the contents of this file and parse to a variable which can then be used by the upload file command?
Only an external program and run scriptftp with parameters.
ScriptFTP on the command line
It is not possible, sorry. You will need to create an external program that reads the text file and then calls ScriptFTP with the contents as parameters. Take a look at the GETPARAM command:

http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic153

Wandrey pointed out how to call ScriptFTP from the command line
I am writing a script that executes a query against an mysql database which returns in a text file the name of the file to upload to a client's server. Is it possible to read the contents of this file and parse to a variable which can then be used by the upload file command?
Hey,

Did you ever get your scripts working with this program to read the contents of a file. I am trying to do something similar, I have a text file with a list of files that need to be downloaded from an FTP server