ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello,

I am evaluating the Scriptftp software, and I am very impressed so far. I have managed to make some scripts to download and delete files from a remote ftp server. However, I now need to do the same but with FTPS. It only works if I point to exact file names for the files I am to download. If I use wildcards it finds no files. What am I doing wrong? I copy/pasted the script below,

I would really appreciate any help you could give!

Alex
Code: Select all# START SETPROTOCOL(FTPS_EXPLICIT_ENCRYPT_DATA) $result=OPENHOST("myftp","user","pass") # If OPENHOST failed stop the script IF($result!="OK") STOP END IF # Change the current local directory. $result=LOCALCHDIR("C:\Input") # If LOCALCHDIR failed stop the script IF($result!="OK") STOP END IF # Get the remote file listing, store it in $list $result=GETLIST($list,REMOTE_FILES,"*.*") # If GETLIST failed stop the script IF($result!="OK") STOP END IF # For each file in $list... FOREACH $item IN $list # Download the file $result=GETFILE($item) # If the file has been succesfully downloaded     # delete the remote copy. If not stop the script. IF($result=="OK") DELETEFILE($item) ELSE STOP END IF END FOREACH # Close the connection
Thanks for posting your script. It is very helpful.

I think that in this case, the problem comes from the way FTP server reports to ScriptFTP the file listings. Could you create for me a test account in your FTP server to confirm it? you can leave the account folder empty.
I sent account details as private PM. Thanks a lot!