ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
I am considering the purchase of your Script FTP software to automate transfers of files. Can it operate in an unattended mode and execute specific scripts at predetermined times and/or intervals? Can it execute multiple scripts/trasnfers at the same time?

Thanks,
John
Hi John,
Can it operate in an unattended mode and execute specific scripts at predetermined times and/or intervals?
Yes, the scripts in ScriptFTP can be scheduled to be run at specific
times or intervals.
Can it execute multiple scripts/trasnfers at the same time?
You can run multiple scripts at once opening multiple ScriptFTP windows or setting up different scheduled scripts. They can run simultaneously.

Regarding to a script itself, only one file transfer is done at the same time. For example, if you use GETFILE("*.*"), ScriptFTP will download one file after another, no more than one at the same time.
Thanks for the info.
Hello, one question regarding scheduled scripts.

If i have a transfer-script running every 10 Minutes and the first script is not ready with its transfer after this 10 minutes, i recognize that a second transfer-instance is started.
Is there a way to avoid starting the script again when the first script is stil running?

Best Regards
Richard
Hello Lari,
If i have a transfer-script running every 10 Minutes and the first script is not ready with its transfer after this 10 minutes, i recognize that a second transfer-instance is started.
Just to check that I've understood it correctly. You mean that you have two scripts. The first one runs every 10 minutes and you want to avoid the second one to be run if the first one have not finished. Is it correct?
No,
is is the same script running every 10 minutes driven by the scheduler.
Or is this maybe a setup-problem of tghe scheduler?
Best Regards
Richard
Hello Lari,

Ok, I got it.

If you are using Windows XP/2000/2003, in the scheduled task properties (you can reach that window from the control panel/programmed tasks or from the ScriptFTP scheduler) you have to click on the "advanced" button. Then, in the new dialog window there is a check box to prevent a periodic task to be launched again if the last launch has not finished yet. I've attached a screenshot.

In Windows Vista or Server 2008 you will find that check box only when viewing the scheduler task properties from ScriptFTP.

If using this check box does not work you could also make your script create a temporary file and delete it once it's finished. Every time the script starts it checks if the file already exists, if so it finishes, if not it continues.
Attachments
scheduler-ss-08.png
Screenshot of scheduled task advanced options
scheduler-ss-08.png (17.92KiB)Viewed 3826 times