ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
There is an HTTP Proxy Server between localhost and the SFTP server that I have to reach. Here is my test script:

SETPROTOCOL(SFTP)
Setting protocol to SFTP
Setting TCP port to 22.

SETPORT(22)
Setting TCP port to 22

OPENHOST("sftp.server.com","myusername")
Connecting to sftp.server.com
····· OPENHOST Error #0
····· A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

SETKEYFILE("mykeyfile.ppk")
Using key file mykeyfile.ppk for SSH connections

CHDIR("replace")
····· CHDIR Error #18001
····· Not connected

Finished

There are no problems when using FTP or FTPS.

I tried the same connection using WinSCP, and the only way to make it work was to specify the HTTP Proxy Server name and port. Once I did this, everything was fine.

Is there a way to SFTP through an HTTP Proxy server?

Thanks,

John
Is there a way to SFTP through an HTTP Proxy server?

I am sorry but ScriptFTP does not support proxies.
Thanks for posting this in the forum. It is probably something that needed to be pointed out
Are there any plans to support going through a proxy?

It would be best to use one program for all our ftp needs, but I guess I could script SFTP via WinSCP. The thing that separates ScriptFTP from everything else is the rich set of commands. I can actually use the "if" statement to determine when a statement was not "OK", and return a specific integer to the caller and display useful error messages (e.g., "Unable to connect," "Cannot change directory,"). Everything else I looked at was binary: either the whole thing worked or the whole thing failed. There is no mechanism to get specifics.

Thanks for the information!
Are there any plans to support going through a proxy?

Unfortunately there is no plan to support proxies in what is planned for the next 6 months. I will however write it down in the document we keep to track the requested features.

The rule we apply in these cases is that if a new feature is requested by only a very few number of users it is not implemented because it is not worth making the set of commands more complex.