ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Is it possible to change the file extention of a file you are getting? I'm connecting to an OpenVMS system and that works fine; however, I need the extention removed from the file when I transfer it to the W2k3 server.

Thanks,
The problems is that the OpenVMS files end in ;1 extention. When I download them with MS Command line ftp, which uses ASCII by default, the files transfer down without the extention. With ScirptFTP the extention stays.
I can't use the RENAME tag to rename files on the remote system. It's VMS and just keeps adding the ;1 to the end of the file.

Is there a way to rename the file after download on the local machine?

I know I can write and call a script to do this, but if I can do it with ScriptFTP, I'd rather do it that way.
Hello,

My apologies for replying so late. I have received may emails lately.

You can rename the files using TEXTCUT and TEXTLENGTH. For example:
Code: Select all$vms_filename="mytestfile.txt;1" $windows_filename=TEXTCUT($vms_filename,1,TEXTLENGTH($vms_filename)-2) # Rename the file on the server RENAMEFILE($vms_filename,$windows_filename) # Rename the file on the computer where ScriptFTP is running. Beware the quotes. EXEC('rename "'.$vms_filename.'" "'.$windows_filename.'"') Â