ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello,

When I run a SYNC command in UPLOAD mode, I hit a subdirectory with "permission denied" (error 15000). SYNC aborts and does not process the remaining files. My questions are:

1. Is there a way for SYNC to ignore that "permission denied" and continue processing the rest of the directory?

2. Is there a way to access the name of the problem subdirectory? It shows up in the log, so is there anything like $errormessage? If this was the case, I could detect the error, add the directory to the exclude list, and re-try.

Thanks
Hi,

Unfortunately the only solution is to use the ADDEXCLUSION command to add that folder to the list of items that ScriptFTP will ignore during SYNC but, as I can guess because of your point 2, the folder that causes the error is not always the same.

The only $errormessage available is the error number that the SYNC command returns:

$error_numer = SYNC(....)

But it does not include the error message where you can get the folder causing the problem.

If you post here a screenshot of the error or copy/paste the output of the script may be we can find a workaround
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Here's a couple of examples.
SYNC("C:\Users\myuser\Documents","/data/backup/sync/myuser/Documents",UPLOAD_DELETE,SUBDIRS)
Uploading temporary file to calculate server-client clock time difference
Clock time difference is 0 seconds.
Synchronizing remote directory /data/backup/sync/myuser/Documents from C:\Users\myuser\Documents. Deleting remote orphan files.
Skipping....(remote file is up to date)....C:\Users\myuser\Documents\desktop.ini
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Bluetooth Folder\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Bluetooth Folder\thumbs\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Custom Office Templates\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Fax\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\Fax\Drafts\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\LightZone\
Synchronizing..........C:\Users\myuser\Documents\My Music\
****** SYNC Error #15000
****** Access to the path 'C:\Users\myuser\Documents\My Music' is denied.

SYNC("Roaming","Roaming",UPLOAD_DELETE,SUBDIRS)
Uploading temporary file to calculate server-client clock time difference
Clock time difference is 0 seconds.
Synchronizing remote directory Roaming from Roaming. Deleting remote orphan files.
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\PreferencePane
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Printers
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\filezilla.xml
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\layout.xml
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\queue.sqlite3
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla\sitemanager.xml
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\HTML Help\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\HTML Help\hh.dat
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\QuickStyles\
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Speech\
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Speech\Files\
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Speech\Files\UserLexicons\SP_DDDD9202EA4F4507B8BFBA8E633A580B.dat
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-GB\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-GB\default.acl
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-GB\default.dic
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-GB\default.exc
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.acl
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.dic
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.exc
Synchronizing..........C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\
Uploading....(not found in remote folder)....C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt
****** SYNC Error #0
****** The process cannot access the file 'C:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt' because it is being used by another process.
Obviously I can run the script several times and add an exclude for each error, but that does not seem very reliable.
I am afraid that there is not a solution in this case. There should be a flag for SYNC to ignore the errors... I will add this to the things to be fixed/added