ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello;

I needed info about the encryption tool. I sent couple of emails but didn't get any reply as yet. Please reply as I have some time constraints.

1. How do I encrypt and decrypt the scripts? What is the process since the scripts will be distributed on different machines.
2. What kind of encryption process is used?
3. Is the encryption/decryption process a part of the exe? Since my clients are not all tech savvy I wanted to understand how this process will work and what I need to do to prepare all users for the FTPS process. I can write the scripts but what the user may have to do for encryption/decryption.
4. Also, how much time does it take for one conversion?

Thanks
Irfan
Hello Irfan,

Sory for not replying your emails before. I took some days off starting from las Wednsday.

Regarding your questions:

1. We provide a small tool (as an EXE file) that encrypts the script files. The generated script file or files can be run by any machine just as if a plain ftp script is run.

2. Cannot disclose this information sorry.

3. The final user does not need anything, just a copy of ScriptFTP to run the scripts.

4. It is a click away if you have the small tool I mentioned in #1
Thanks for the answers and no worries on the delays. I pushed back here from my side.

I guess there are two parts of this question. One is that I give you files which are converted into EXE(s). The second part is that there are connection parameters in the scripts which I need to get encrypted. So for that the tool can be used. I don't fully understand how this is going to solve the overall issue of ease and security. I need to give users an exe to run, but also have the script files secured? The users shouldn't have to enter anything except to run the exe. Wouldn't they have to enter the password/key for the exe to run? If the tool encrypts it how is the decryption done? Thoughts? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Irfan
Hello irfan

I think that the best way to answer your question is to meet you via skype. My skype id is cls357. I am usually connected in business hours in Spain local time.
OK - I will contact you during your hours in a day or so.

Thanks,
Irfan