ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
I am thinking of purchasing but I want to make sure the default getfile wont download current uploading files.

File Stabilization Question.
I am going to set the scheduled task to run every 3 minutes to grab files.
My question is if a file is being uploaded as the script is kicking off, script ftp will not grab a half uploaded file, is this correct?

Thanks
Wayne
Hello,

This is the experience that I have had and the solutions are not difficult to put into place.

You have a file that is called 'downloadthis.file', your script must not pick-up the file if the file has not been fully written by the progam that creates it.

So either, you get the program to create the file under a 'temp' name, ie 'downloadthis.tmp' and when fully written, it changes the name of the 'temp' file to the final name.

Or you modify your program to create a second file, like 'finished.ok', your script should then look for the '.ok' file, if it exists then it downloads the 'downloadthis.file', then deletes the '.ok' file.

This should stop things 'stepping on each others toes' as it were.

Regards.

Zythan
Hello Wayne,

Some FTP servers do not actually place a file in the FTP site unless it is completely uploaded. Try to upload a big file with a traditional FTP client (not ScriptFTP) open another FTP session and check if the big file has reached the FTP site or not.

Of course, the solution that Zythan gave is also valid.