ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hi

I am new but I need a tool to do this. I am sure it could do this but I just want to make sure.

I have two servers running Windows Server 2003 / Serv-U FTP Server ..I have root to both of them and have a "administrator" FTP account.

I need a schedule to upload from one server to the other every week and another for everyday. They are folders inside other folders for example: My Documents -> Pictures / Movies. I need them to be uploaded every week to the other server / skip an existing file if any.... as they will be updated by me manually every week and don't have time to wait around to manually upload them can this program do this?

Sorry for being long just want to make sure. The files are small from 20MB to 300MB depending on the video (I am in film school).

Thank you
Hello,

Yes, it can be done with ScriptFTP. You have to write two small scripts and schedule them using the script scheduler you can find in ScriptFTP. To upload only new or modified files you have to use the SYNC command as this example:
Code: Select allOPENHOST("ftp.myhost.com","myuser","123456") # Upload new or modified files, including subdirectories # from MyLocalDir to MyRemoteDir SYNC("C:\MyLocalDir","/MyRemoteDir",UPLOAD,SUBDIRS) CLOSEHOST()

If you need further help feel free to post a question again.
That´s great and almost fix my issue, that is, to sync a remote website with it´s local content.

My problem is that I should skip one of the sub folders when uploading. Is there any way to script it?

For instance: There is a folder named /home and under it there is /section1, /section2 and let´s call it /metadata

I want to update all content on this folders tree but /metadata

Any tips?

Regards.