ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Or how can i better skip previous folders

The issue with this code is that I have numeric folder names then i have alpha folder names.
The code syncs the numeric folder names but not the alpha folder names.

Is there a way to do "<" or ">" operations on an alpha string vs numeric string.
Code: Select all######################### :syncsubfolders ######################### PRINT("syncronizing societe sub folders") GETLIST($list,REMOTE_DIRECTORIES) FOREACH $item IN $list     # skip previous folders     [b]IF($CurrentFolder < $item)[/b]         PRINT("Set CurrentFolder: ".$item)         $CurrentFolder = $item         PRINT("syncronizing "."/Societe/".$item)         $result_sync=SYNC("D:\Aeropack Synchro From Prod\Societe\".$item,"/Societe/".$item, DOWNLOAD, SUBDIRS)         IF($result_sync!="OK")             $errorcount = $errorcount + 1             GOTO :errorhandler         END IF         PRINT("Reseting Connection")         CLOSEHOST         GOTO :openconnection     END IF END FOREACH PRINT("societe sub folders syncronized")
The code syncs the numeric folder names but not the alpha folder names.
Very strange, could you post your script output?
Is there a way to do "<" or ">" operations on an alpha string vs numeric string.
ScriptFTP does not care about data types, in fact the numbers are also strings. the < and > operators compare two strings if any of them is, for example, "myfolder" it is interpreted as a 0.
I did catch this from the Script Guide but it was listed under the Arithmetical operators (+ - * /)
Code: Select all# If you try to use a text value in an arithmethical # expression it's interpreted as a zero: $thisiszero= 5*"abcdef"
But i guess this also applies to some of the Comparasion operators (< >)
But not for these (== =!)
I don't know about these though (<= >=)

I added this print statement and commented out the actual sync command to get this output
Code: Select all$isnotdone = $CurrentFolder < $item PRINT($CurrentFolder."<".$item."=".$isnotdone)  
Here is the output i get right when it switches to alpha foldernames
GETLIST(REMOTE_DIRECTORIES)
Getting directory listing of current remote directory
Found 183 directories.
167<_vti_pvt=FALSE (I just noticed these are skipped too)
167<_Wondair=FALSE (I just noticed these are skipped too)
167<132=FALSE
167<137=FALSE
167<164=FALSE
167<167=FALSE
167<175=TRUE (GOOD)
Set CurrentFolder: 175
syncronizing /Societe/175
Reseting Connection

CLOSEHOST
Disconnected.
opening connection

OPENHOST("1.2.3.4","FTPSynchro",)