ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Need help writing a script? Have any question about ScriptFTP?
Hello All,
I need some help on subtracting n days or hours from date obtained by GETDATE function: how can I obtain a date of today subtracting 7 days or 8 hours using $Today =GETDATE(FORMAT0). I need it in order to get only files produced in the last 8 hours, can somebody help me?

thanks a lot
Alessandro
Hello Alessandro,

It can be done this way:
Code: Select all# Example. Subtracting 7 days and 8 hours from # the current date/time $today=GETDATE(FORMAT0) PRINT("Currente time is: ".$today) # 7 days and 8 hours are converted to seconds # and subtracted from the current date/time $newdate=$today-(7*24*60*60)-(8*60*60) PRINT("New time is: ".$newdate)

Then, to download the files with a modification time greater than $newdate you can do the following:
Code: Select all# Get the file listing of the FTP server GETLIST($filelist,REMOTE_FILES,"*.*") # For each file, get the modification time and download # if that time is greater than the calculated time FOREACH $file IN $filelist $file_modification_time=GETFILETIME(REMOTE,$file) IF($file_modification_time>$newdate)  GETFILE($file) END IF END FOREACH
Huge!!!
Fantastic !!! issue solved
thanks a lot
kindest regards