ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Missing any feature or command? Post your ideas here. Suggestions are welcome.
Hi Carlos,

Your Program is about the best I found in the internet.

There is only 3 things missing (My suggestions for future Versions):

1) the putfile localfilename remotefilename
2) the getfile remotefileneme localfilename
3) FTP SSL

The rest is perfect!!!

Regards Karl
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the nice feedback :D
1) the putfile localfilename remotefilename
2) the getfile remotefileneme localfilename
Sometimes I have to simplify the command parameters in order to keep the script language easy to understand. At this moment, this is the first time I see this suggestion since most of customers already use RENAMEFILE() or EXEC("rename ....") to do so. However, I think that it could be useful and I'll wait for the feedback from more customers. May be it's something the people are really waiting for and I didn't notice.

3) FTP SSL
This is already supported, see the command SETPROTOCOL ( see http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic440 ) The protocol not supported is SFTP (SSH FTP) and I plan to add it soon.
The rest is perfect!!!
Thanks again :)
In full agreement with the previous post...ScriptFTP is an excellent software tool! Our radio station has been using it since the version 1.0 release in 2005. There has been an impressive increase in file transfer speed with the version 3.1 release! Carlos has always provided great support & the one-time licensing for all new releases is a noble provision! One thing to add...we really look forward to the addition of "SSH/SFTP" connectivity! Please keep developing that option :D Thanks Carlos.
-KLHT Radio Management
Thanks a lot for the nice feedback :D This kind of messages encourage me to continue improving ScriptFTP.

I'm currently deep inside the ScriptFTP innards to add SFTP support. Although most of the FTP operations are provided by an external DLL, it requires a lot of work to make the ScriptFTP command set to work with the SFTP protocol. Hopefully, this will be ready before Christmas.
I too would like the feature of up/downloading with a different file name. I get around this problem in a different way now, by uploading to a dummy directory on the server, then inspecting this directory with the incron function which runs a shell script to rename and move and/or append the file as it should be handled - a lot of additional boilerplate and processing overhead. Right now, I have this method setup for 27 different data transfer sets to three linux servers, but this method will not work on the winduh servers (no incron available).

And I really appreciate all of the work that is going into this super tool - it is really great!
- City College of New York Remote Sensing Laboratory.
Hi there,

I've just added two commands for uploading/downloading a file with a different name. The command names are GETFILE2 and PUTFILE2. They won't be documented and will be clasified under "those rare commands that nobody knows but you" :D . They are available in the development build of ScriptFTP at:

http://www.ScriptFTP.com/ScriptFTP_devel_setup.exe

The syntax is the same suggested by khflor in the first post of this thread:

PUTFILE2(local_file,remote_file_name)

local_file can include a path, for example D:\whatever\subdir\myfile.txt, remote_file_name not.

GETFILE2(remote_file,local_file_name)

As the other command, the first parameter can contain a path, for example /www/asd/fdsa.txt, the second not.

An example:
Code: Select allOPENHOST("127.0.0.1","carl","123456") # Upload 1234.txt and save in under the name qwerty.txt PUTFILE2("1234.txt","qwerty.txt") # Download 1234.txt and save in under the name qwerty.txt GETFILE2("1234.txt","qwerty.txt") # Closehost? Huh, what does it mean? CLOSEHOST
I've just added two commands for uploading/downloading a file with a different name. The command names are GETFILE2 and PUTFILE2. They won't be documented and will be clasified under "those rare commands that nobody knows but you" . They are available in the development build of ScriptFTP at:
Hi Carlos,

Actually this is a good feature, and I hope you will document it when it is compiled into the next stable release.

FYI - I've just started using ScriptFTP, after using FTPControl for quite a few years. FTPControl has not been developed in years and I found ScriptFTP, which does what I need. We run ftp scripts many times a day, so having a good scripting language is essential, as the scripts are run unattended.

We will be getting a site license.

Best,

jbarntt
I didn't know FTPcontrol. Seems to be an abandoned software project from the late '90s. Thanks for the information. I took a brief look at their documentation and found that it was a good product, nonetheless.

Thanks for consider purchasing ScriptFTP. This way ScriptFTP remains alive :)

GETFILE2 and PUTFILE2 will be added in the help topic "Advanced topics and rare features" (http://www.scriptftp.com/reference.php?go=topic560) once the next version (3.3) is released.
It took long time from me to find this great command GETFILE2 and PUTFILE2..
Thanks for that