ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Missing any feature or command? Post your ideas here. Suggestions are welcome.
I've noticed several requests regarding how to handle ftp timeouts. In my current ftp scripting environment there is a parameter TDUR=xxx where xxx is the number of seconds that the ftp process remains 'alive'. Using it I can specify a longer duration connection/session when I know that I have very large files to pick up. If it isn't used, I believe the default is 5 minutes.

If something similar could be included in ScriptFTP and after we get sftp capability ... WOW!!!!! :D
Hi there :)

ScriptFTP has a timeout value which is fixed to 30-45 seconds depending on the operation involved and there is no way to change that (as you may have guessed). There is no way to change this value because I found that most of the times changing it does not help when the connection is lost because the disconnections usually happen just because the FTP server or a firewall simply dropped the connection, in other words, close the channel.

The solution for that, in my own opinion, is to make ScriptFTP able to reconnect instead of dropping a blue error. Then get to the point it was anc continue, something that most of the FTP clients do. I'm working on it.