ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post a message here if you find anything wrong in ScriptFTP.
I am getting these error messages on a Windows 2003 server system. Popups happened, but the next instance seems to work. We have been getting a fair number of these and would like to see if we can get this corrected/solved.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 9/13/2011
Time: 7:32:23 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CAMKSEBXT005
Description:
Application popup: ScriptFTP.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77e634be" referenced memory at "0x0090b000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Let me know if you need more information

Dennis Hepworth
The topic was suppose to be ScriptFTP issues, not VisualCron.

thanks
I have now seen the following event logs:

We are running scriptftp on the existance of new files in multiple folders, so we can have multiple scriptftp.exe executions.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event ID: 59
Date: 9/14/2011
Time: 7:43:56 AM
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\ScriptFTP\ScriptFTP.exe. Reference error message: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event ID: 59
Time: 7:43:56 AM
Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for sfFTPLib. Reference error message: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Hello Dennis, thanks for reporting this error.
so we can have multiple scriptftp.exe executions.
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for sfFTPLib. Reference error message: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Could you try to delay the launch of each instance of ScriptFTP a few seconds? It seems that as ScriptFTP.exe needs to be linked to a DLL (sfFTPLib.DLL) when launched they interfere each other.
I changed my job so it does not start at the same time, basically 2 seconds between a start. I did receive an event message below after my changes.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event ID: 26
Time: 6:36:34 PM
Description:
Application popup: ScriptFTP.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77e634be" referenced memory at "0x0090b000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Not sure what could be going on there, Dennis. Could you confirm if you have downloaded and installed ScriptFTP from this website? It seems that the ScriptFTP.exe file is corrupt.
Yes, ScriptFTP was pulled from the site and installed. We don't get many of these messages, maybe a couple a day if that. We do call ScriptFTP a number of times throughout the day with no issue's. It seems to be rather random at best.

thanks

Dennis Hepworth
I was just remembering, a while back I noticed on the news page there was a ScriptFTP re-write happening. Is there an ETA on this new version?
Yes Dennis, the rewrite is in progress. There is no ETA, sorry. We are waiting for Windows 8 API to be finally released. It seems that this version of Windows redefines a lot of things and we do not want to do a third major rewrite. I hope you understand and my apologies for cannot fix this error at this moment.