ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post a message here if you find anything wrong in ScriptFTP.
Hi,

first off: great piece of Software. I'm currently testing the beta version 4.0 (for the SFTP support) and I am quite satisfied with it.

I think I found those two bugs:

SILENT(ON)
Only works for the logfile if issued *AFTER* LOGTO() - if this is the intended behavior, please state this in the docs.

GETFILE
The Wildcard "*.*" does not match files without extension, "*" does. Maybe this is b/c of the way how (Linux-)FTP Servers handle filenames - if so, maybe clarify this in the docs.

bye,
Joerg
Hi Joerg,
SILENT(ON)
Only works for the logfile if issued *AFTER* LOGTO() - if this is the intended behavior, please state this in the docs.
I tested putting SILENT(ON) before LOGTO and the log file registered the same messages as thise shown on the ScriptFTP window (file transfers, print messages and errors). My test script was this:
FTP Script
  1. SILENT(ON)
  2. LOGTO("C:\Users\Carlos\Desktop\LOG.TXT",APPEND)
GETFILE
The Wildcard "*.*" does not match files without extension, "*" does. Maybe this is b/c of the way how (Linux-)FTP Servers handle filenames - if so, maybe clarify this in the docs.
Yes, that is the intended behavior. "*.*" does not match files without extension. "*" matches files without extension. I also did some tests and it works as it should. Did you mean this?
Sorry, my bad.. forget about before/after LOGTO... it's before/after VERBOSE(OFF):

=> Works as indended (logs file transfers, print messages and errors):
FTP Script
  1. VERBOSE(OFF)
  2. SILENT(ON)
=> Works like "SILENT(OFF)" (logs script-commands too)
FTP Script
  1. SILENT(ON)
  2. VERBOSE(OFF)
Yes, that is the intended behavior. "*.*" does not match files without extension. "*" matches files without extension. I also did some tests and it works as it should. Did you mean this?
Yes, that's what I meant.
FTP Script
  1. SILENT(ON)
  2. VERBOSE(OFF)
Yes, that is the intended behavior. Disabling verbose mode sets back the output mode to normal (not silent). You are right that this should be noted in the documentation. I have just updated it.
Yes, that's what I meant.
In that case there is no bug with this. But thanks a lot for your attention to these details.

I will mark this forum topic as bug fixed. But you can post here if you still think it is not yet fixed. May be I missed something.