ftp automation

ScriptFTP

The professional tool to automate FTP, SFTP, FTPS and schedule FTP batch jobs

The forum is now read only. Please, go to the the main ScriptFTP website if you need help.
Post a message here if you find anything wrong in ScriptFTP.
Dear ScriptFTP support,

I just migrated to the new platform (Windows Server 2008 SP1, 64-bit operating system).
I installed ScriptFTP 3.2 and experienced the same problem as rkholmes wrote you.

When I start ScriptFTP manually (not from Scheduled Tasks), I get the following error:
Error: Access violation at 0x02EE1AAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

In Application Log I have following error:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
EventID: 1000
Level: Error
Task Category: (100)
Keywords: Classic
Faulting application ScriptFTP.exe, version 1.0.0.1, time stamp 0x496abdba, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x02ee1aae, process id 0x18d4, application start time 0x01ca3124979e2051.

I tried use v 3.3 beta instead of 3.2 but with the same result.

How I might resolve this?

Thank you!
Hello Gekus,

Thanks for the feedback, it is always appreciated. I have tried to reproduce the same error here with a Server 2008 x64 SP1 (the same OS) and did not get any error. Does this error happens always you try to run scriptftp manually? Does it happen the same when you run scriptftp_console.exe? (the command line version of ScriptFTP)

Thanks.
Dear ScriptFTP support,

It seems that scriptftp_console.exe works well. But how I can register my copy of ScriptFTP without GUI version? I have serial number and I need to register in 30 days.

Thank you,
Gekus
I am trying to fix the error here. Once I fix it I will send you a working version for you to register. If I see that I am unable to find the error we will find a workaround for you to enter your registration name and code.
Dear ScriptFTP support,

Do you have any news of updated GUI version or alternative way to register? Only 23 days left... :-(

Thank you,
Eugene
Hi Gekus,

I have recently made a new build of the ScriptFTP 3.3 Beta. It fixes the registration issue. Please, give it a try and let me know the result:

http://www.ScriptFTP.com/ScriptFTP_3_3_beta_setup.exe
Hi Gekus,

I have recently made a new build of the ScriptFTP 3.3 Beta. It fixes the registration issue. Please, give it a try and let me know the result:

http://www.ScriptFTP.com/ScriptFTP_3_3_beta_setup.exe
Dear ScriptFTP support,

Unfortunately, I have the same error as previous time when try to start GUI version:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
EventID: 1000
Level: Error
Task Category: (100)
Keywords: Classic
Faulting application ScriptFTP.exe, version 3.3.0.0, time stamp 0x4ab0f5bf, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000096, fault offset 0x02fe3e8d, process id 0x14cc, application start time 0x01ca3b5a8a5991f2.

I suppose that 3.3 beta version is the same as I already used :-(

Sorry, but I don't understand the phrase "It fixes the registration issue". I still can not register my version of ScriptFTP :-( 18 days left :-(

Do you have alternative way to register it to use at least ScriptFTP_console utility?

Thank you,
Eugene (Gekus)
Hi Eugene,
Sorry, but I don't understand the phrase "It fixes the registration issue"
I thought that at least you were able to start ScriptFTP sometimes and you also got an access violation during the registration of the program. I mixed two different bug reports, sorry.
Do you have alternative way to register it to use at least ScriptFTP_console utility?
No, but I could code it. In the case ScriptFTP expires and it still crashes on your machine I will code it, don't worry.

I have prepared a new build of the ScriptFTP.exe file. I have removed some modules to at least detect where the problem comes from... Troubleshooting an error without being able to reproduce it here is a very difficult task, thank you a lot for your patience. The exe file is attached to this post, you have to place it under C:\Program files (x86)\ScriptFTP

Thanks.
Attachments
ScriptFTP.exe (version 3.3 beta, new build)
(1.19MiB)Downloaded 650 times
Dear ScriptFTP support,

I just installed ScriptFTP.exe file as you attached above. It starts, but during the process of registration I have the same error :-( Error occurs when I click "Validate registration code" button. I already requested 3.x registration code from you, but I suppose it will not help in registration process. But anyway, I'm waiting for 3.x registration code.

BTW, is it possible to attach JPG or other picture files to the letters? I can not find a chance to do this :-(

Thank you,
Eugene
Hi Eugene,

Ok, at least it starts. Could we chat each other using google chat or skype? This way we could solve this problem faster. I will keep this forum thread updated.

You can reach me in gmail chat as carlos357@gmail.com and in skype as the user cls357.
Dear Carlos,

I try to conact you via google chat today. Please note that I'm use "dirty" Internet computer from time to time, therefore I will be initiator of this chat.

Eugene
Update:

We finally were unable to catch the error and concluded that the ScriptFTP crash probably happens because the Windows Server 2008 setup that Gekus has some system DLLs that are different from the standard Windows Server 2008 x64 distribution.

If anyone experience the same error on this platform please report.